This review applies to version 4.1.
The latest version of this software will soon be reviewed by our
AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows grep utility. Grep is a UNIX command-line program which searches within files for keywords. AstroGrep supports regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recently used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.
- Regular expressions
- Concurrent multiple file types
- Recursive directory ssearching
- A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
- Most Recently Used list for search paths
- Somewhat versatile printing options
- Double click to open file with editor of your choice
- Store Most Recently Used file names and search expressions
- Match Whole Word Only
- Syntax highlighing
- Free of charge and Open Source
This is a bug fix release to re-allow 10 context lines. It also updates the Microsoft Word plugin to handle .docx files and the 'Recurse' search option has been renamed to 'Search subfolders' for the English version.